BBB | SS11 Men's Denim Trends
We weren’t able to go to Bread&Butter ourselves, but (and thank god for the world wide web) if we take Fashion Buyer UK word for it ,which we tend to do, spring/summer 2011 most prominent men’s denim trends are:
1. Ripped and repaired – heritage denim labels started popping out archive pieces in recent seasons to flaunt their pedigree. Those without it copied the look…
2. Even lighter washes – more about worn-down dyes than super light looks.
3. Shorts – the hotter the climate, the shorter the denim… mostly cut-offs rolled at the knee for men.
4. Cinch back – vintage/heritage detailing dug out of the archive once in a few years.
5. Waistband detailing – that’s a new one! Elasticated and drawstring waists on denim… what’s next? Drawstring waist denim shorts? Oh yeah, Acne Jeans already did it this summer.
6. Carrots and crotches – extremely tapered leg and a drop-crotch. Maybe I’m old-fashioned, but that’s too eunuch for me!
Thanks to FBUK for the info and images.
‘Trendy’ images after the jump